Sunday, January 3, 2010

Waste Not Want Not

Who said that anyway? What does it mean exactly? Are they really suggesting that you should never get anything new until your old thing runs out? If that's the case then my sweet little Zady Wren will be wearing PJ's with dump trucks on them. How traumatizing! I will say; it's not easy being a "green" fashionista. I try to not bring too many things into my house without taking some things out. Okay, that is mostly a steaming crock of poo, if I'm being totally honest, and well, it never really is "totally" is it? I will say that our little cabin in the woods is not palatial by any means, so by that, I am forced to be conservative.

I did find a nice resale shop in Boston that will take my clothes and sell them to others who will love them just as I did. Good bye white leather hobo bag by Coach that I bought in Chicago on the Magical Mile (or whatever the hell it's called). So long red furry Kate Spade that came from Saks several years ago....I know you had fabulous leopard lining, and you were very classy Jackie O looking, but bottom line is, you were just too itchy under the arm to stand, so someone else will love you just as I did....hopefully more. Note to self....call Resale shop about my check. I probably made $16. Always hope for the worst, that way, when it's really a check for $24.67 you can kick your Louboutin flats up in excitement!

You may wonder, what the hell I'm talking about? How did this come about? Well, I'll tell you! I want a damn IPhone so bad that I just can't stand it anymore!!!! I am about to have a baby in 9 days, and there is a nursing app, and a diapering app, and so many other apps that will make my new baby girl experience so much easier. I need it! I haven't bought it yet because I don't want my husband to think I am a spoiled brat that just needs more and more and more. We bought our Blackberry Pearls at the same time, but the back is falling off of mine, and there are several missing pieces....it, is an embarrassment to my new, just got for Christmas, white quilted Chanel wallet on a chain. My poor phone used to have a rubberized cover on it, but Pigpen managed to hide that somewhere in our house. I turned that damn place upside down to find it, but was not successful. This was back when he could only say, "car", so there was no sense in asking him where he put it. I'm sure I'll find it one day in a pair of boots or something.

Still, I want an IPhone!!! Did you know there is an app called IFart? It has 19 different fart noises to play at your leisure and literally laugh your ass off. I need that! My ass has grown considerably with this pregnancy, so not only will the IPhone help me keep track of my newborn's nursing schedule, it will help me get my small ass back.....booya! What more could he want. With a helpful mechanical friend to get me through the newborn fog of being a mom, and a smaller ass.....I will be way less bitchy. Oh, I hope he's reading this. If he is....maybe he will drive to the AT&T store right now and get me that damn phone!

You see, I can't ask him for it since I got the military style jacket that I wanted from Anthropologie for Christmas, and then there is the ever coveted, wanted it for at least a year now, tried to figure out several ways to weasel it out of him, White Lambskin Chanel Wallet on a Chain with the pewter chain strap and 255 closure. I love it beyond words!!! Don't tell him I am still obsessing over the Turquoise and gold Virgin Saints and Angels Rosary Necklace at Ella Blue, or the Judith Ripka evil eye bracelet, or the quatrafoil gold Tiffany key with the 30 inch chain. I should be happy with the Chanel bag and never want anything else for at least a year right? According to men that doesn't sound absolutely absurd, but to the true Fashionistas, we know that is just as hard as walking over a bed of hot coals with no Prada Flats to shield our sweet pedicured tootsies from the fire!

No comments: