Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Call

So, today was an ordinary day at Oak Lodge.....I still can't believe that I get to live in a house that has it's own name. Anyway....I have joined this fabulous Gym in town that is huge, awesome, and well fabulous. It has an entire wing for kids with tons of fun stuff to do. They even do a craft with them at certain times during the day, AND, you can leave them in the Kid's Zone for 2.25 hours. Awesome! Also....wait for it....wait for it....there is a full service spa that has everything from massages and facials, to nails and waxing for you to partake in while your kids are being thoughtfully entertained by people who are most definitely not petaphiles. They have a cafe that has two meals featured under glass display cases everyday, they have pools, they have pilates, they have yoga, they have some horrible class called "dance party" that I was so happy I did not partake in today. They have my happiness.

I digress. So this is my new haunt....I go there for piece of mind, and to meet friends. I actually met 3 really cool girls, and get this...one of them has my name. I'm finally starting to settle into a routine in my new town and my new house. It feels good. We still can't afford daycare yet, but maybe some day. I like to joke that I am the Governess of Oak Lodge because all of these men have been out lately to hook things up, and I'm dressed in sweats with crazy hair. I'm sure they think I'm eccentric to say the least....

So, back to the call. I was haunting my haunt when it came, and I'm sure it meant that my giant Louis bag was ringing annoyingly in the Kid's Zone. It was rainy and crappy here today, so I didn't even check my phone until I got home since it was tucked safely away in my hot coral Burberry Rain Coat. I was giving the kids their lunch, organic hotdogs (if that's not an oxymoron) and prunes, when I checked my messages. I called the custom closet place earlier that day to order more rods, so I figured the Boston number was the lady calling me back for my credit card information and address, but I was sooooo pleasantly surprised and totally flabbergasted when I listened to the message.

The message said, "Hi Mrs. P this AnnMarie from Hermes in Boston, and I was just calling to tell you that your Orange Birkin is finally here, and we will hold it here with your name on it until we here from you."

What??? Are you kidding me right now??? Those were my exact words. So, here I am...little old unfamous, un trust-funded, un oil-heiressed me, and now I have had not just one, but two encounters with the elusive Birkin. I never in a million years thought I would get a call back from AnnMarie. She seemed a bit Snooty McSnoot when I met her in the Boutique a year ago. Granted I did stroll in with my husband, who is cute, and quite fashionable, and well....my two kids. One of which was crying because she either pooped in her pants, wanted to sleep, was bored, or wanted to nurse. Still, I looked cute. I was sporting my super cool Mackage rain coat with bubble sleeves, a fabulous Missoni scarf and some Hunter wellies when we went in. I remember she didn't have any normal Birkins in the store that day....they rarely do, but she had an exotic skin one that she let me fondle. I gave her my name and information, as well as the color and size that I wanted. And Bam! One year later.....I got the call.

I totally called her back to talk details with her. She told me the price and I responded with a sarcastic but jovial joke about that being totally normal and mainstream. She actually laughed and joked with me. I told her that we just moved and bought a house, so it was most likely a no-go, but I would talk it over with my husband and get back to her. Then, I asked her if she could send me a picture of it, and she said that she would. I can't even stand it! I had a few delirious thoughts of charging it. I could just hear my husband in the back of my head saying, "your credit doesn't matter now since we have a badass house that we won't be moving out of any time soon". That means, to a shopaholic that you should go out and get every store card imaginable and charge everything ridiculous. Thank God I am a recovering shopaholic!!

I will just revel in the photo and in the hopes that one day I will write a best seller and buy one with all of my millions. :)

No comments: