Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nipple Confusion

My one friend that I have comes over each week for a "playdate". I never thought that I would do "playdates", but they really are the bomb! What a queer name, but what a great idea. I love that Pig gets to see other kids at daycare, and at the babysitting center in the gym, but...I don't know what he does with these other kids because I'm either shopping gleefully sans stroller, or doing Turbokick. So....it's great to see what he actually does with other kids.

My friend's little girl is super prec, and very sweet. She's a girl, so she is definitely different than my little rolly polly Pig. He is a rough and tumble boy, and she is a sweet sugar and spice girl, so she doesn't like it too much when he grabs her chest with one hand and her eyeball with the other. She is so testy. :) The sweet little girl is 1 year old, and Pig is 10 months, so they are pretty close in age. This is why I was shocked when we both gave them a bottle, and the sugar and spice was done in 5 flat with one more once than the Pig! He was just sitting back, and taking for EVER to finish his damn bottle. I was shocked and super impressed with her fast gobbling.

Needless to say, I thought of this swift guzzle every time I painstakingly fed my rolly polly. Why was he so damn slow?

Well, I'll tell you why! I tell you straight from the Britney Spears Mom of the Year Room, yeah, that's where I'm blogging from. I didn't keep up with the nipple months. My poor little rolly polly pig has been drinking his leche out of a 0-3month nipple for 10 months. TEN MONTHS!!! I didn't just "drop the ball" with that one, I got a bulldozer and lifted up the entire ball jump from Chukee Cheeses and dropped it! Thus, my induction into the Britney Spears Mom of the Year Group.

Yes, I went to Target and bought the Y cut nipple, and the poor little Pig nearly choked to death when he first tried it. We now have to remind him that his leche will now flow freely like a waterhose when we feed him.

Five minute bottle time is the Bomb!!! I can't believe it took me 10 months to figure this out! Oy veh!

No comments: