Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Basel

Hi there! Long time no talk. I don't think I have traveled outside the US sans children since South Africa, but here I am now in Basel Switzerland with just my hubby: yea. How does a stay at home mom who now lives in a sleepy but fabulous New England town pack for such an excursion? An excursion that starts in Basel and ends in Paris. Immediately I want to take all of the Chanel bags I own, and wear high heels and leather jackets everyday, but then I come to my senses and remember that Paris means walking and strolling, and I'm sorry, but blisters aren't Tres Chic, but blisters are better than Keens. Don't worry, I don't own a pair. Thus, I decided on one Chanel, one Balenciaga, my LV neverfull, and my snakeskin Foley & Corinna bag that has never been to the party. Once I nailed down the bags, it was on to footwear. I was under strict instruction from my hubby to pack light, so I settled on a mere 7 pair: my black mad white Chanel flats, awesome chocolate suede Jimmy Choo Youth Motorcycle boots, metallic Sigerson Morrison ghost loafers, tan suede Ash loafers with gold stars all over, fall themed Prada kitten heels (there are acorns involved), gray suede high heel booties from the Gap, and my Nikes (for running only). I feel strong about these decisions, and so far I have been happy. My departure outfit experienced a bit of a snafu when I came downstairs and my husband told me I looked like a ninja. I was wearing a long sleeve black James Pearse T with my Lulu groove pants and the moto boots. He looked down at my feet and continued with, "A ninja who rides a Harley". I think traveling in all black is chic and classy, and I was going to sport it up with my new emerald Lululemon puffer vest, but I never got that far. He went on to remind me that we were just flying six hours to Europe not Japan, so I went upstairs and changed into my "normal clothes". Some AG skinnies, a trendy elephant motif popover, my black Hermes belt, and the Chanel flats. We had a great Swiss Air flight to Zurich and a great little drive to Basel in our black Renault. Vaca is officially underway!! Cheers, Regan

No comments: