Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Vagina Burger

We had such a big day on Sunday.  Pig had so many firsts!  The sun was finally out, the lake was melting, and we were not going to go through the day without a walk and some outside activity. We had already been to the gym where I got a huge retina workout.  Yeah, that's right...I said Retina workout.  I call it that because I went to yoga and rolled my eyes the whole time!!!  I hate the one yoga instructor!  I have every reason to.....she made us do crunches....in yoga!  Who does crunched and lunges in Yoga?  She was like, "put your hands behind your head, and go up for three and down one...."  What???  I hate her!  That isn't yoga.....it's aerobics!  I hate her.  

Anyway, I digress.....back to Pigpen's day.  We decided to walk to the neighborhood Dunkin for a little exercise and a little munchkin snack.  It was Sunday after all, and the walk to D&D is 2.5 miles, so a munchkin or four is okay after such a hike....right?

So, we cut through the park on our way, and came upon a fabulous little play mecca with several parents and children enjoying the day.  It was such a perfect little Sunday.  We pushed our BOB towards the fabulous little jungle jim, and Pigpen's dad asked me if we could send him down the slide.  By himself!  Keep in mind that he is 9 months old.  Of course I said no!  He pushed and pushed and pushed, so I gave in.....I walked up there and got him ready to go down the two foot slide.  Daddy was at the end to catch him, and I was at the top to push him down.  

That is when I saw it!  Some one vandalized the sweet little orange slide.  They "tagged" it like a gang member. They wrote "Vagina Burger".  I read it and looked at Pigpen's Dad.  I said, "what if he gets hurt on the Vagina Burger Slide.....he he?"  He looked at me and said, "that's pretty funny!"  We loved it!  Pigpen loved it!  After tackling the Vagina Burger, we were ready for the big boy slides!  I went down with him on my lap, and Daddy caught us both on the way down. We did the enclosed long slide, and the curly-q.  It was so much fun!   

Pig went down his first slide, he swung in the infant swing, and then he went with me in the Kayak when we got home!  What a day!  It all started with the Vagina Burger.  

I asked my husband if he ever thought that Sam would go down his first Vagina Burger at nine months old, and he said that he wondered if it reminded him of when he was born.  I hate him!

No comments: