Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Friend

Okay, I should get an award for picking up chicks around town.  I met yet another fun potential friend at Whole Foods.  I had to call my dad after the monumental event since he was impressed by the clientele when he came to visit me in the fall.  He said, "well, it seems like you might meet a decent person in here.  This is the first place we've seen some normal looking people."  Oh dad, gotta love him.

Well, here's how it went down.  There we were, me and Pig, in the baby food isle, checking out the organic baby food in a real glass jar.  We saw a cute young girl about my age looking at the jarred meats with her sweet little girl on her hip.  I asked her if she has tried any of the smashed meat. What a line.....i am so smooth.  It worked!  I was really curious.......really!  I mean, those things are disgusting, and if another mother has any advice on how to get the little ones interested....I'm all ears. 

We started to chat, and I learned that her daughter was 10 months old, and soooo adorable. Definitely a potential lady friend for the Pig.  She was so cool, so of course I gave her my number.   I really need to get some business cards made that say, Name, Email, Phone, and looking for some lunching buddies, and possible play dates that don't involve germ infested slum houses. 

Her little girl ate the piece of paper with my name and number on it, but no worries.  I put her number in my phone and saved it this time.  I also called her from my phone, so she can't turn back!  We might take baby swimming lessons together!  I am so excited!  

Well, gotta run!  Meeting the husband for lunch!  Tootles!

No comments: