Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Vaca

The vaca is winding down and coming to an end. I am spending the last morning on the balcony with my computer while my husband makes us another pot of coffee. It's not quite 7:30 am here, and we have already gone down, watched the sun rise, and played 9 holes of championship put put. I beat the pants off of him, and I will expect to get a winner's shoulder rub later from the loser himself. I won 7 of the 9 holes. :)

Our vacation has been the ultimate in relaxation. Something that we both desperately needed. It was so wonderful to just sit and read a book. I haven't done that since I was pregnant with Pig, and even then the only book I was reading was, Your Pregnancy Week by Week. A riveting read yes, but it was no F. Scott Fitzgerald. Our days in Mexico were spent mostly at the resort. We would wake up early and watch the sunrise on the beach somewhere with our little to-go coffee cups from the room, then we would come up and sit on the balcony until breakfast was to be served. One of the days I visited the spa, we ordered breakfast to our room and ate it on the balcony from the fabulous room service table that was wheeled in donned with a beautiful display fresh fruit and two Hot American Breakfasts. I love hanging the room service menu on the door......it might be one of my favorite things in the world. You order a delicious breakfast, you choose the time you would like it wheeled into your room, and then you fall asleep only to wake up to a, "knock knock knock, rrroom service." It's heaven!

I will miss our Luncheon Nachos that we took part in every day. We would eat at the beachside restaurant and order a heaping plate of delicious nachos piled high with juicy jalapenos and accompanied by a pina colada to cool things down. The restaurant would always serve a small dallup of frozen sorbet when you were finished with your meal. So scrumptious! Our nights were spent in wonderful restaurants eating great food and always looking at the main attraction.....the Pacific. After dinner we would find a chair on the beach and eat a Lindt chocolate bar while we looked at the stars and listened to the Ocean. Such a great time.

Of course, we checked on the Pig daily and relished in the wonderful reports. One day he got to play in the back yard on the deflated kiddy pool that was more like a slip and slide. He didn't get to just play on it, but he got to play on it completely naked! He hasn't had his Robeez on since he has been there. He went to Market on Saturday with Grandma and Grandpa and got his picture taken with Mr. Kesler behind the meat counter. He played with his 3 year old cousin Ally who I'm certain wore him out, and he hasn't had his binky in about 36 hours. He supposedly had so much blueberry compote the other morning with his heart shaped pancakes that his hands were stained blue for a good part of the day....his ears were also the wonderful shade. He supposedly looked perky and inquisitive when he heard my voice on the phone and when he looked at pictures of my husband and I. I can't wait to see him!!! I hope he gives me the biggest hug and the biggest open mouth slobber kiss ever!

Vacation is over, but I do get to ride on the plane with just my husband, and I get to see my sweet little baby angel tomorrow. What a great thing to come home to!

No comments: