Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Love Story

I love the song Love Story by Taylor Swift.  I think she is brilliant for writing all of her own songs. They make me want to go shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch and then run around in a wheat field with a cute boy and a bicycle.  I could have been a song writer!  I hate that you don't know these things when you are young and discoverable.  Oh well.  I have had such High School nostalgia the last couple of days.

I don't know if it's from Facebook, 90210, or the fact that my neighbor's daughter is going to "the prom".  I guarantee that it's not "the prom"as her dad called it.  I'm sure that he is just a stupid dad that has no idea what the actual dance is called.  I will find out tomorrow when I go over there for dinner.  

I told him to tell her to come over and talk makeup with me, but I doubt he will remember to tell her, or that she will have the balls to actually come over.  I told him that I would teach her how to wear makeup and not make her look like a street walker.  I don't know what he thought of that exactly....i love messing with him.  

She got her dress in the mail, so I'm anxious to see it.  Is that what girls do these days?  Do they look through a catalog of bedazzled frocks and order them accordingly?  Interesting.  I loved going and trying on all of the dresses at Dillard's for Prom.  So fun!

So.......90210.....I love it!  Am I total loser for liking a show about high school kids?  I love Gossip Girl too....okay, I am a total loser I'm sure of it.  Anyway, last night on 90210, Annie and Ethan said "I love you" for the first time!  It was so sweet, and it brought back all of those funny high school feelings.  It was genius how they filmed it and scripted it....you really got the nervous weird feelings that come across in such a silly yet poignant situation.

It seems like the biggest deal in the whole world at the time, and then you look back to the losers that you actually said those three words to, and thank your lucky stars that you didn't end up with them.  Thank you Jesus for letting me end up with who I did!  Oiy veh!

Anywho, if you are reading this, try and think of the first person you said those three words to.  How old were you, and how long did it last?  Funny to think of!  :)

No comments: