Monday, January 5, 2009

Canned

Okay, so I can't help but feel a little icky today.  I was driving home from the Land Rover dealership in a black Hummer H3 when it all started.  If that isn't reason enough to feel icky....I got some crazy news whilst driving the hugely ridiculous borrowed tank down the highway.  

My manager, well former manager, called me to talk about my position with the company. I was in a sales job, and decided to take parental leave after I had Pigpen and moved to Boston.  So....to make a long story short....I'm not working right now, but I still got FIRED!  

Well, she said that I was "displaced", which is a corporate word for FIRED! Because of company reasons, they were cutting the sales force in half.  I know that she hated to call and tell me that, and she was super conflicted on how to tell someone that isn't working at the moment that they are FIRED.  She actually never said that word FIRED, but that seems to be the only thing that stuck with me.  

So here's the good news, I was on leave not knowing what to do.....go back to work (if there was a position), or just stay at home and be a mom.  I was leaning more towards the latter, except for every time I talked to my manager.  Anyway, I might get a severance package!  What a crazy thing!  I never thought that I would be in this position ever!  I can't help but wonder what would happen if I was still in Austin and still working.  I think I would have been safe, but who really knows right?

So, raise a glass to me getting FIRED for the first and hopefully last time in my life.  And keep your fingers crossed about the severance package.  May it be big and lovely, and wrapped up with a big Chanel bow!

1 comment:

MLDinSLC said...

Ummm... I wish I could be "displaced" and get paid for being placed there. I shall continue on with a job that I hate but appreciate the fact that I have a job I guess. I wish Josh would hurry up and knock me up!