Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Who is Dancer?

Okay, you need to download "Human" by The Killers before you read this:

Let me start by saying that I was super shocked and disappointed when I discovered that this song was by The Killers.  I like The Killers!  I might even go to a concert if it were free and I had VIP tickets to some sort of box that allowed me to sit down and have people wait on me.  Hello, The Police concert........it rocked.....and was just that!  Anyway, back on track.

This song is so stupid!  I heard it on the radio yesterday, and I first looked down to see if I was on the 80's station....realizing that I wasn't, I then began to listen to the words.

"My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees 
Looking for the answer
Are we Human?
Or are we Dancer?"

WTF!  What the hell does this mean?  And not to mention it has a techno 80's vibe that is so queer.  Who is Dancer, and why is Dancer not Human.  I love to Dance and be a Dancer....am I an alien?  Do The Killers have special security clearance at Area 51?  Are they giving us some long lost information about the great beyond?  Should you be a little concerned if you were blessed with rhythm?  Maybe you aren't just a good Dancer, maybe you are from the planet Dancelon, and you are a freakin Alien!  What!

I digress, this song is horrendous, and I am appalled that they released it.  I am not a major music person, but I felt compelled to blog about this "Cheresque" Gay bar disco song.  Holy Mackerel!  

I hope you think of his blog when you hear that stupid song, and see if you can figure out who Dancer is.....am I that far off base? 

1 comment:

MLDinSLC said...

Ummm... I actually kind of like the song. Thanks for ruining it for me.