Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We had a pretty busy day today....considering we have no life just yet here in MA.  We started off the day with a baby music class.  I was invited by a woman that I met at the Doctor's office.  She is really sweet, and helping me get integrated into the mom scene west of Boston (BFE). Music class was pretty cool.  When I agreed to go I didn't take into account one major aspect; I don't usually sing in public.  I don't sing in church, I don't sing in the car in front of strangers, I don't sing at concerts really, soooooo......did I sing in class, ah, a little.  I think Sam had fun.  We will see if I join.

After music class, we went on a shopping excursion.  This is what it has come to.  My mom asked me if I found anything cute and Gucci that she could by for my sister April for Christmas.  My response was, "I went to Wal-Mart and Whole Foods, so no, I did not run across any thing cute and Gucci for April."  

After that we came home and bundled up for a walk.  There is one street in the town next to mine that features beautifully fabulous mansions.  I thought maybe we would walk down the street and one of the mansionites would see us, and invite us in for a Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate since they probably have a little Barista in each mansion.  No dice.

Now we are home watching recorded episodes Tyler's Ultimate on the Food Network and wishing that we too had new potatoes, lemons, capers, pearl onions, and frozen peas in our kitchen.  We don't, so we will have to settle for the red and white striped raviolis filled with crab and lobster that we bought from whole foods.  I'm sure that is not on the "okay foods to buy" list since we are trying to save money.  

We still own our fabulous condo in Austin since no one can get a loan these days to buy it.  We also have a building lot off of South Congress Avenue in Austin, and then our rent.  So, to say it like my neighbor Joan would, "moneys tight right now".  Loves it!

No comments: